Monday, January 28, 2013

OPI - Mariah Carey Liquid Sand (review & swatches)

Today I have swatches and reviews for the Mariah Carey Liquid Sand polishes from OPI. I bought the mini pack because I didn't think I would use them enough to buy full sizes, but we shall see! The Liquid Sands are a matte finish textured polish. Instructions say apply base coat and two coats of polish. Do NOT use top coat. So that's what I did.

These all applied very sheer on the first coat and I thought "oh no I'm going to have to put undies on" but on the second coat was completely opaque. The first coats also did not show true color. On the second coat it was like they shifted to their true color. Very strange. I love these polishes!! The formulas are great! My only dislike is that they kind of drag on fabrics, although they don't snag or pick up any fibers, it just feels rough. They aren't any harder to remove than regular glitter polishes which was my biggest concern. I did find when doing clean up around my cuticles though that if you're not careful it will pull off a whole section of polish because it all sticks together.


L-R: Get Your Number, Can't Let Go, The Impossible, Stay The Night




GET YOUR NUMBER... is medium blue with silver small and medium glitters that really catch the light and look holographic. Such a pretty color.

I tried as best I could to photograph the texture but I don't think I did it justice.


CAN'T LET GO... came off more cool toned in photos but is definitely a warm tone purple. This also had bigger hex glitters that made it more difficult to work with. It made my tips very uneven. I had to press against my nail edge with my finger to get it smooth.


I think I captured the texture a little bit better with this one.


THE IMPOSSIBLE... comes off more of an orange-y red on camera but is more of a magenta red in person. This one is soooo pretty! It has small and medium glitters. I think I'll be using this in a Valentine's Day look!


You can really see the texture in this one.


STAY THE NIGHT... is a black base packed with small red glitters. Absolutely amazing!! My favorite of the bunch and most reviews I've seen, this one is highly liked!


I wish I could capture the texture better! Stupid camera!



And here I've done a Mix-n-Match mani using Stay The Night on my accent finger. LOVE!!


I love these polishes. I think they're so unique and add an amazing element to any boring mani. I think the only one I would consider buying a full size of would be Stay The Night. I just don't think I would use the other ones enough.


xo, Colleen













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!