Monday, February 18, 2013

Sinful Colors Sugar Rush (Spring 2013 Collection)

Today I'll be reviewing the new spring collection from Sinful Colors. A line up of some pastels and some brighter colors. Mostly shimmers and a couple cremes. Description and swatches below. 





SWEET TOOTH: Is a warm toned purple with a very subtle shimmer through out. It is very sheer although I got it opaque in 2 coats.


COTTON CANDY: A mid-toned pink. Again has a very subtle shimmer through out. Opaque in 2 coats.


SUGAR RUSH: Probably my favorite one of the bunch. A light powder blue creme. No shimmer. Good coverage a little bit goopy formula. Opaque in 1 decent coat or 2 thin coats. 


UNICORN: This looks much better in picture then in real life. I hated this one. The formula was terrible, very streaky. I find it looks more mustard in person than pastel. This is 2 coats and still blotchy. If you're looking for a nice pastel yellow I would recommend Orly - Lemonade.


CANDY COATED: Is a cool toned purple with a very subtle shimmer. Again very sheer but opaque in 2 coats.


ORANGE CREAM: Is more of a "crelly" (creme + jelly) I would say. Again it has a very subtle shimmer as most of these polishes do. Very pretty coraly color. Opaque in 2 coats.


SWEET NOTHING: Is a medium toned teal creme. No shimmer. Opaque in one generous coat. Not sure about the name though. When I hear "Sweet Nothing" I think of a calm, pale color. Not a medium teal color. LOL.


SUGAR N SPICE: Is a medium/dark mid-toned pink. Has a subtle shimmer and is more of a "crelly" but opaque in 2 coats.



Overall I wasn't too impressed with this collection. The formulas weren't great. I found even after wiping my brush as I would be painting a glob of polish would be running down the shaft and onto the brush and I'd have to wipe again. I'm not really a fan of shimmer. I usually like cremes and glitters. Don't get me wrong these aren't bad polishes and they are pretty colors but for me they don't stand out in my collection. I just don't think they're anything special. My two favorites are Sugar Rush and Orange Cream. The rest I think I could live without.


xo, Colleen















2 comments:

  1. Orange Cream looks pretty :) Unfortunately, Sinful Colors isn't available in my country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm sorry. I like Sinful Colors for being a drugstore brand but I just wasn't really impressed with this collection. I think it's great for someone just starting out.

      Delete

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!