Monday, April 1, 2013

Serum No.5 (Review & Swatches)

The amazing Victoria from Serum No.5 contacted me to do a review of some of her polishes. I love all of these polishes! They applied like a dream and no fishing required! You can purchase Serum No.5 at http://serumno5.com/ and http://www.etsy.com/shop/serumno5. Worldwide shipping available through Etsy.



TOP L-R: Pretty In Pastel, Forest Lights, Day Glow
BOTTOM L-R: Pink Peonies, Poppy Fields, Pretty Blue, Heartbreaker



I love the packaging that Serum No.5 comes in. Beautiful simple boxes with warning label and ingredient list on the back.. They are Big3Free, which means they do not contain Formaldehyde, Toulene, and Dibutyl Phthalate. Also another amazing thing about this brand, is each month a charitable donation is made in an amount equal to 20% of all lacquers sold!! A+ in my book! Now on with the swatches!



DAY GLOW:
Is a bright flourescent yellow in daylight and it glows in the dark!! To quote my husband "I never thought I'd say this about nail polish, but that's badass!" And he's right! There wasn't any sun the day I swatched this and it still glowed bright in the dark without charging. This can be a bit streaky and requires a topcoat. Below is 3 coats of Day Glow and one coat Seche Vite.
Daytime


Shade


Dark



HEARTBREAKER:
Is a clear base with tiny pink hex glitter, black bar glitter, and pink and red hearts. Did not have to fish at all for the hearts. Very pleased with this. One coat of Heartbreaker over a gradient of Orly "Decades of Dysfunction" and Zoya "Kelly" as inspired by the swatch on Serum No.5 Instagram page.



PRETTY IN PASTEL:
Is a shimmery white base with light blue, green, and pink hex glitter. One coat of Pretty In Pastel over OPI "Mod About You"



PINK PEONIES:
Is a milky shimmery pink base with white, pink, and magenta hex glitters. One coat Pink Peonies over Orly "Fancy Fuchsia"



PRETTY BLUE:
Is packed with tiny blue and purple glitters and medium blue hex glitters in a clear base. One coat of Pretty Blue over Sinful Colors "Candy Coated"



FOREST LIGHTS:
Is a sheer green base with turquoise holo glitter, green hex glitter and tiny white and gold glitters. To be honest with you this one kind of scared me at first. As far as polishes go green is tough for me and not one of my favorites. But I think I found a combination with this that works and I'm quite happy with it! One coat of Forest Lights over China Glaze "For Audrey"



POPPY FIELDS:
Is a sheer red jelly base and packed with varying sizes of red square, circle, and hex glitters, with gold circle glitters, and tiny black glitters. I loved this one!! One coat of Poppy Fields over Sinful Colors "Timbleberry"



I am so pleased with these polishes! There is no way I can pick a favorite and the combinations you can do with these is endless! Please visit http://serumno5.com/ and http://www.etsy.com/shop/serumno5 and support handmade polish and a great cause!


xo, Colleen








DISCLAIMER: These polishes were sent to me by Victoria Dao, the creator and owner of Serum No.5 Love Lacquer.
These are my complete 100% honest opinions. I was not compensated in any way nor am I affiliated with Serum No.5 products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!