Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fimo Nail Art

I've never liked fimos before in the past. I always thought they were super cheesy, but I picked some up recently specifically in mind to do some sugar skull nail art when Halloween comes around again. Well, I thought, I'm not going to let these just sit around for months before I use them. So I hit the interwebs for some inspiration on what to do. Low and behold, I didn't really like anything that I found. Poorly done messy nails, big fat acrylics, and what seemed like no effort at all in some of the looks I found. So I said screw it, I'm just going to for it.

You all know I've been loving gradients lately so I decided on a green background for these to pose as a sort of garden. I used Sally Hansen "Mint Sorbet" and Polish My Life "Holly My Jolly" in the gradient, and then I just started placing fimo pieces as I went. And let me tell you, I am in LOOOOOOVE with this! I felt so whimsical with this on! It truly made me sad to take it off :(

Oh and I'm not changing my watermarks, I just had to get fancy with them for this one becuase the fimos blog my cuticle area.









So what are your guys' thoughts about fimos? Love em or hate em? If you hate them like I thought I did, what do you think about my design? Did it change your mind? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Ana Maria!

    What a beautiful design! You have been very spring and beautiful. I bought also fimo and decorated in 3D but I have not yet tried. I like lots of fruit and candies or sweets! I also thought to make a degraded and put ice cream and fruit, and add some stones or pearls, but try to avoid becoming overloaded! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys! Leave me a thought!